Girlfriends and Ganache

Spilling the tea honey!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Star is Born (Clap for 'em)

This morning I was listening to Jay-Z's "A Star is Born" and it made me think of a FB status a friend posted the other day. She said the issue with some of us is that we don't know how to support each other, especially when we're in the same industry or when one of us sees that success in any area of our lives for that matter. How come we can't celebrate that person and share in that moment, genuinely and sincerely? Wow...

We all have to admit that there are the times that we start second guessing ourselves and our own abilites because somebody else's star seems like it's shining brighter than ours and we hate on the low. The last blog I posted was about me proving points and I shared that I was tight when someone else got the job I wanted. I was so consumed by my emotions, including self-doubt (doubting my abilites and qualifications) and envy, that I couldn't be happy for the person that did get it. How corny and childish was that?! Then one day, I got over myself and had to remember that there's enough shine for all of us and that God orders my steps and if it wasn't mine, then it's on to the next. Besides, if I would have gotten that job, I wouldn't have been able to get right for the new business venture that God is opening so many doors for! (Caked Up coming soon!! Woot Woot! LOL)

Or have you ever been interested in someone and they turned around and found interest elsewhere? Then you probably asked yourself, "what's so wrong with me" or even started comparing yourself to that other person? Yeah, me too. LOL... Well, the answer to that is, nothing is wrong with you! Maybe that person just found someone to better suit their needs and that's cool too (and that's not to say that you're not going to feel some type of way at first. We're human, it happens...) I remember talking to someone and we hadn't made anything "official", but we really cared about each other and in that time, they found someone else who could give them what they wanted. And all of the things that they liked about the other person, I thought I was; Smart, funny, creative, etc. So I was hating on this person that I didn't know on top of feeling like maybe I wasn't smart, funny, creative, etc. But eventually I got over it and reminded myself that I don't have to be these things for anyone else anyway. I'm cool with being me just for me. At any rate, that situation just wasn't for me and I wished them the best in all sincerity.

Listen, the point is that our function in life is so specific and tailor-made to this time that there is no time and no sense in hating. (Sidebar: I think the word "hating" is so corny, but it fits here. LOL...) We all get our time. There are over 70 SEXTILLION stars in the universe and they all have a place there (and that's just the stars that we can see), just like we all have a place and purpose here. So even if nobody ever noticed you, you're still a star baby!! How dope is God that He made us all so distinct and wonderful that we all can shine individually and still exist in the same space? Niiiice.

-Everyday a star is born... Clap for 'em, clap for 'em, clap for 'em... Eyyyyy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home